Language Translation from Digital Inspiration

Translate post to:  

Xbox 360 Games : How to get one?

When the Microsoft Xbox 360 first came out, I had no plans to get one. You see, I am an old school Nintendo fan. I love classic games. Don't get me wrong – I also like the first person shooters. I played Doom, Doom 2, and Doom three, as well as Wolfenstein, Descent, and several other ones in my time. Nonetheless, I feel like many of the big video game manufacturers are making the same games over and over and over again. There is no variety anymore. The only difference is that the graphics get more intense and the game play gets more complicated. Elegance has been left behind in the 80s. I couldn't fathom wanting to play Xbox 360 games frequently enough to really justify buying the system.

When I went over to my friends house to play Xbox 360 games with him, however, it changed my mind. He had just bought a new Xbox 360 games system. It was a pretty advanced set up with an extra Xbox chip for more memory, as well as quite a few games. As you might expect, we started out with a first person shooter game. It was actually a lot more fun than I had expected. I forgot how cool they were, and with a new level of realism, it was even better. You can play cooperatively, player versus player, or solo. We switched between cooperative play and player versus player. It was nice, but it wasn't enough to justify buying the system. If all Xbox 360 games were just like that, I couldn't see myself wanting to play them very often.

To my surprise, they weren't all the same. Don't get me wrong, there isn't the same innovation that a lot of videogame makers were showing early on. If you look at early Nintendo games – and even modern Nintendo games to some degree – you see a wonderful variety. There was Punch Out, Contra, Tetris, Street Fighter, Super Mario Bros. – you get the idea. They weren't that violent because the emphasis wasn't on realism, blood, or gore. The emphasis was on fantasy – on creating a world unlike the one you live in. This system might not be as elegant, but some Xbox 360 games do have that same element of transport. Some of their strategy and role-playing games in particular take you to a place that could never exist in the real world, a fantastic land worth devoting hours of your time to. You can't ask more of a game system than that.

0 Comments: